Thursday, September 22, 2011

Family Dinner!

I just thought this was clever and wanted to share it ;)

On Wednesday night we had our first of many family dinners. It pretty much consists of everyone bringing something (be it a dish or beer) and compiling everything together and chowing down. It was a great first dinner, although we did learn that we need to make things separately at our houses and then bring them over to Vivian's (we didn't end up eating until 9 and had to have Dennis bring his hot plate over so we could have more surfaces to cook on). But it was awesome and I definitely look forward to next Wednesday!


Prep work

Playing Chinese chess (same concept, different method)

Ingredients for curry

Brenden making his famous curry.

It was a very full kitchen

Crazy eggplant!

Cathie is such a cutie

My roommate Lily!

Chop chop

Brandon has a baguette and he's not afraid to use it (to make bruschetta of course)
Vivian stirring up some eggplant

Preparing the veggie stir fry (see, I'm eating healthy mom!)

The finished table. Clockwise from the yellow bowl: beef and green beans (Ai), white rice, stir fried veggies (Dennis and Cathie),  bruschetta (Brandon), curry (Brenden), Qingdao beer (Maggie), blueberry pie (Lily), cake, eggplant stirfry, and marinated beef (All Vivian)

Classes are going well and in other news, I signed up for a gym membership. It's a place that's close to my house and has everything I need except a pool. I worked out this morning and I have to say I feel better than I have in weeks. Yay! We are off to a field trip on Saturday so more pictures to come! Love,
Maggie

No comments: